There’s no substitute for decades of experience. When you inspect roofs day after day, and year after year, you learn where problems typically happen and how to prevent them. That’s where Fix My Roof’s expert Roof Assessment Advisors come in. They’ll take you up on the roof and walk you through our specialized flat roof inspection. This way you’ll see first-hand how your roof is aging and know how to inspect it yourself in the future.
If you would like to schedule a FREE roof inspection, call 505-919-8011. If you would like to perform your own roof inspection, here’s a checklist to get you started:
- Inspect all gutters, scuppers and drains for twigs, leaves, dirt and debris. They can cause damage, and restrict or plug normal flow, preventing positive drainage. Check the screens, strainers, fasteners and seals to assure that there is no leakage.
- Inspect rooftop penetrations for seals that might have been broken during maintenance procedures.
- Look for cracks and splits along roof edges, expansion and control joints and other roof system terminations. Thoroughly inspect metal flashing and coping joints to ensure that they are sealed effectively. Masonry walls should be checked for moisture penetration, deterioration or delamination.
- Check the surface area for physical and mechanical damage caused by tools, hail, vandalism, excessive foot traffic, etc.
- Check for erosion, pinholes and cracks. If there is foam or built-up roofing system underneath, check for moisture in this area. You can do this by cutting a small V in the roofing system, inspecting it and then patching the v-cut, or by using a non-destructive moisture meter.