Table of Contents
Why Roof Care and Maintenance is important?
Roof care and maintenance is important for a number of reasons. First off, a well-maintained roof is crucial for protecting your home or business from the elements. A roof that is in good condition will be able to withstand harsh elements.
A well-maintained roof can also help to extend its life, which can save you time and money in the long run. Taking care of your roof can also improve the overall appearance of your home or business, which can increase its value and curb appeal.
What maintenance should be done on a roof?
Regular roof care and maintenance is the best way to keep your roof in good condition and extend its lifespan. Here are the types of maintenance to keep in mind as a homeowner or business owner.
- It’s important to keep the roof and gutters free of leaves, twigs, and other debris. This can help prevent water damage and keep the gutters functional.
- You should regularly inspect your roof for any damage or wear and tear. Keep an eye out for missing or damaged shingles, leaks, and any other issues that need to be repaired.
- If damage is found, it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible to prevent them from getting worse. This might include replacing damaged shingles, sealing leaks, or fixing other issues.
- Applying a protective coating to your roof, especially if it is flat, can help extend its life and protect it from the elements.
- If you have trees near your roof, it’s important to keep them trimmed to prevent branches from rubbing against the roof and causing damage.
The best way to know that your roof is being maintained efficiently is to call our Fix My Roof experts for a free roof inspection.
We will do a comprehensive inspection and let you know if anything needs to be repaired and suggest solutions that are both effective and environmentally-friendly.
How often should your roof be maintained?
The frequency of roof maintenance depends on the type of roof you have, the age of your roof, the climate you live in, and the current condition of your roof.
Here are some general guidelines for how often you should perform roof maintenance:
- For asphalt shingle roofs, it is generally recommended to perform a visual inspection of your roof once in the spring and once in the fall. If you live in an area that gets high winds or heavy snowfall, you may need to inspect your roof more frequently.
- During these inspections, you should look for any missing, damaged, or worn shingles, as well as any other signs of wear or damage.
- If your roof is more than 10 years old and/or has already needed repairs, you may want to consider having our professional roofers perform a more thorough inspection on your roof every year.
The specific maintenance needs of your roof may vary. It’s always a good idea to contact us for a free roof inspection to get the most accurate information and determine the most effective maintenance plan.
Fix My Roof Annual Roof Care and Maintenance Plan
Since our first day of operation, Fix My Roof’s care and maintenance plan has set us apart from other roofing companies throughout New Mexico. After each annual roof inspection, we meet with our clients to discuss what repairs, if any, are necessary and to provide a copy of the inspection report for their records.
Our expert roof technicians use this roof maintenance checklist during all of their inspections:
- Examine the protective roof coating for any cracks, flaking, or blistered areas that must be repaired and/or recoated, all adjoining roof areas or areas abutting the roof area, the edge of the roof, metal flashing for rusting and attachment, and all rooftop equipment and penetrations.
- We make certain all equipment is properly attached or anchored so it does not move excessively. Excessive movement of rooftop equipment could cause leakage of oils, gas, acids, solvents, etc., which in turn could damage the roofing system.
- Check the building envelope for indications of shifting. Structural movement can lead to cracks, which can result in the separation of the roofing system.
- We will recommend removing debris such as leaves, branches, dirt, algae, stones, etc. that have accumulated on the roof.
- Clean all gutters, scuppers, downspouts, drains, and surrounding areas to make certain the flow of water is not restricted and the roof has positive drainage.
Fix My Roof is dedicated to providing roofing services that last and are environmentally-friendly. Call us today for a free roof inspection so our experts can determine what services you might need and get a roof maintenance plan in place.
What does roofing service include?
Some of the services that Fix My Roof offers are:
- Roof installation includes installing a new roof on a new home or replacing an existing roof with an entirely new one.
- Roof repair involves fixing any damage or issues with an existing roof, such as replacing damaged shingles or sealing leaks. You can also call Fix My Roof for emergency repairs that may occur as a result of a storm or other cause.
- Roof maintenance includes cleaning the roof and gutters, inspecting the roof for damage, and making any necessary repairs.
- We offer free roof inspections because we want all of our customers to be able to determine what care their roof needs without it being an expense.
- You can have our experts perform a thermography scan on your roof to determine if moisture is trapped within your roof’s insulation.
Fix My Roof has superior standards when it comes to our roofing services. Not only do we value the quality of our materials but also the impact we have on the environment. Contact us today!