Liquid Applied Silicone Membrane
Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane IntegriGard® is a single-component elastomer specifically designed with high volume solids for flat roofs located in New Mexico’s extreme weather zones. It is a pure elastomeric silicone membrane system that provides superior weatherproofing, and UV resistance over the traditional New Mexico roof substrates. The outstanding features of Fix My Roof’s NM-505 Silicone Membranes are its high solids content, rapid cure and superior physical properties. Tested and certified to meet Cool Roof Rating Council and EPA guidelines for ENERGY STAR compliance.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Prolongs the life of a roof while helping lower internal temperatures and reducing cooling costs
- Hydroponic – withstands water penetration
- High tensile strength and abrasion resistance
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of roof surfaces
- Ease of application – extremely fast and simple to install
- Can be used to reinforce and seal seams, penetrations and terminations, and make spot repairs
- Slows degradation caused by normal weathering, aging, and ultraviolet rays
- Economical – extends the life of your roof -Retains its integrity from -80°F to 250°F
- Accelerator package is available to shorten cure time
- Can be re-coated up to 7 to 10 days between coats
- No checking or cracking after 8,000 hours*
NM-505 Silicone Membrane can be applied to aged or cured single-ply, metal, spray polyurethane foam, built-up roofing or modified bitumen, and concrete roof systems. Can be applied as part of a maintenance or repair program or as part of a complete restoration system. All Fix My Roof products are to be used and applied with reference to and in conjunction with Fix My Roof’s Guidelines and Specifications by certified Fix My Roof applicators.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
MIXING: Review all technical data sheets, system sheets, labels, instructions, MSDS, and Guide Specifications before mixing and applying. Mix 5 gallon (18.93 liter) pails with a variable speed drill utilizing a jiffy mixer to suspend any settled pigments until a uniform color and consistency is achieved. Mixing time will vary based on temperature and atmospheric conditions.
APPLICATION: Prior to coating any surface, be sure the coating will adhere by performing an adhesion test (ASTM D-903). Coating may be applied by brush, roller, or airless spray equipment. Do not apply when temperatures are below 40°F (4.4°C) or when precipitation is in forecast within 48 hours. In areas where the roof is subject to foot traffic, it is recommended to apply walkway pads for added protection and slip resistance. Spray application is not recommended below 50°F (10°C).
STORAGE & HANDLING
Keep containers closed and store in a dry, cool place away from heat, sparks, open flame, excessive heat, and moisture. Keep material stored above 65°F (18°C). Open containers should be blanketed with dry nitrogen before resealing. Vapors are heavier than air and may travel along the ground or may be moved by ventilation and ignited by pilot lights, other flames, sparks, heaters, smoking, electric motors or other ignition sources at locations distant from the material-handling point. Never use a welding or cutting torch on or near the drum. In case of fire, use CO2, steam, dry chemicals or water fog