Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about roofing are fairly common. Our goal here is to provide answers to the most commonly asked questions about roofing we hear. Here’s our list of those questions and the answers to them (click on the question you are interested in and it will link to the answer):
- How Does Your Silicone Membrane Stand Up To The New Mexico Climate?
- What Are The Benefits of Fix My Roof’s Liquid-Applied Silicone Membrane?
- How Will Fix My Roof Help Me Save Money?
- How Are Your Methods and Materials Green?
- What Is The Process?
- Are Custom Colors Available?
- Can Your Liquid-Applied Silicone Membrane Be Used On All Roofs?
- Why Would My Roof NOT Qualify For Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane?
- How Should I Prepare For The Day Fix My Roof Starts Working On My Roof?
- What Are Your Warranty Options?
- Do You Have Financing Available?
- What are the Terms of Payment?
- What are the Consequences of Failing to Pay?
- Are You Insured?
- What is your Contractor’s license number?
How Does Your Silicone Membrane Stand Up To The New Mexico Climate?
Fix My Roof’s approach to roofing starts with superior environmentally-friendly materials uniquely suited for New Mexico’s harsh and volatile climate. While traditional roofing deteriorates prematurely from exposure to moisture and UV, Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membranes have a 53-year history of successfully restoring residential, commercial and government roofs. Our Silicone Membranes are seamless,100% UV Stable, and withstand the winter’s extreme freeze/thaw cycles.
All roofs are not created equal! Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane was specifically designed for flat roofs located in New Mexico’s extreme weather zones. Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane will provide decades of dependable waterproofing, while lowering internal temperatures and reducing cooling costs. Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane is the most UV resistant roof available. Tested and certified to meet Cool Roof Rating Council and EPA guidelines for Energy Star compliance.
What Are The Benefits of Fix My Roof’s Liquid-Applied Silicone Membrane?
Superior Materials: All roofs are not created equal! Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane was specifically designed for flat roofs located in New Mexico’s extreme weather zones. Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane will provide decades of dependable waterproofing, while lowering internal temperatures and reducing cooling costs. Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane is the most UV resistant roof available. Tested and certified to meet Cool Roof Rating Council and EPA guidelines for Energy Star compliance.
Superior Workmanship: Fix My Roof’s superior workmanship is the result of ongoing research and development, rigorous quality control measures, and our commitment to providing the best possible experience for our customers. Our certified installers are friendly, reliable and professional. We understand that little things matter. We are quiet, courteous, and efficient. We are on time and stay in constant communication with our customers throughout the process.
Superior Warranty: A roof is only as good as its warranty and maintenance plan. Yes, we warranty our materials. Yes, we warranty our workmanship. Included in our warranty is a 10-Year Maintenance Plan. Every year we inspect all our roofs and perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance. Nobody else does that! It’s the best warranty in the business .
How Will Fix My Roof Help Me Save Money?
We help you find all the ways possible to save money while still giving you a Worry-Free Roof! Some savings are instant; others gradually build up over the course of our 10-Year Care & Maintenance Plan.
INSTANT SAVINGS: Our Silicone Membrane costs homeowners 20-30% LESS than traditional roof replacement, where a tear-off is required. That’s a minimum of $2,000 in Savings on a 2,000 sq. ft. roof.
ENERGY SAVINGS: Homes and businesses with our Silicone Membrane spend 20-40% LESS on their Air Conditioning bill than those with traditional roofs. If you spend $200/month to cool your home for six months in every year, that’s $40/month multiplied by six months per year multiplied by 10 years (your warranty period; your roof will last much longer than this), which equals $2,400 in Savings!
CARE & MAINTENANCE SAVINGS: Most homeowners spend $250 – $500/year on roof care and maintenance. Our Care & Maintenance Plan eliminates the need to spend this money; that’s a minimum of $2,500 in Savings!
How Are Your Methods and Materials Green?
We do NOT use harmful chemical solvents. Traditional roofing materials are all petroleum-based. Petroleum products off gas for years, impacting the air and water.
Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membranes are certified to collect drinking water from.
Because we do not tear off your old roof, it does not contribute to landfill waste.
The Fix My Roof Silicone Membrane also reflects light rather than absorbing it, keeping your home cooler – saving you money and also saving the environment .
What Is The Process?
As flat roof specialists, we’ve developed a systematic approach that allows us to address any unique defects and damage that currently exist on your roof. First, the Fix My Roof Prep Crew cleans the roof, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. This is followed by the application of our two-part epoxy primer, which ensures proper adhesion of the silicone membrane to your roof’s substrate.
Next, our Restoration Crew reinforces seams, penetrations, skylights, and other high-risk areas in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures.
The Restoration Crew then applies the base coat of liquid silicone to the entire roof. After the base coat has fully cured (which typically takes four – eight hours, depending on temperature and humidity) our topcoat of silicone is applied. The top coat can either white (for maximum energy savings) or tan (if your neighborhood or homeowner’s association requires it).
Once the top coat of silicone has cured, we perform a final inspection which you are welcomed and encouraged to participate in. We will walk you around your new roof to make sure you are 100% satisfied!
Lastly, you are now part of Fix My Roof’s Annual Care & Maintenance Plan. Every year, for 10 years, we will call you to schedule your Annual Inspection. At this inspection will work through our 20-point check-list and perform any corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance deemed necessary .
Are Custom Colors Available?
Can Your Liquid-Applied Silicone Membrane Be Used On All Roofs?
According to the National Roof Council, 85% of roofs that are replaced and disposed of in landfills do not need to be torn off. They can be successfully restored with Fix My Roof’s Liquid-Applied Silicone Membrane .
Why Would My Roof NOT Qualify For Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane?
- If your roof has more than two (2) layers, New Mexico’s Construction Industries Division (CID) requires all layers be torn off to the decking before a new roof is installed. Here’s the good news: If you have two layers, you are not allowed to install a third. Fix My Roof’s Silicone Membrane is considered a restoration process (Not a roof layer) so it’s acceptable to install our silicone membrane over two layers, but not more than two.
- If pumice is detected on your roof, CID requires all roof layers be torn off down to the decking before any other roof work is completed.
- Occasionally, we also encounter roofs with enough water damage to the existing roof and/or substrate that we recommend an alternative. It is always our goal to advise clients of the best possible course of action for their roof.
New Mexico’s Construction Industries Division (CID) is the agency responsible for creating and enforcing laws affecting all contractors required to hold licenses within the state of New Mexico. This includes roof work. If you have additional questions about CID, please visit their website : http://www.rld.state.nm.us/construction/
How Should I Prepare For The Day Fix My Roof Starts Working On My Roof?
1) To reduce the amount of time that our crews will be present on your property, we require
a) that driveways be kept clear for the movement of vehicles during work hours.
b) access to working electrical outlet and garden hose spigot.
2) We use commercial equipment with noise levels up to 90db. The clearing of debris from roof results in airborne water and dirt around the property, and possibly the neighbor’s property. It is the Customer’s responsibility to work with the Fix My Roof Technicians on site to close all doors and windows to the house, and to move or cover any automobiles, lawn furniture, outdoor appliances and exterior landscaping. It is the Customer’s responsibility to inform neighbors of the Roof Project and the likelihood of airborne water and dirt .
What Are Your Warranty Options?
The Fix My Roof Warranty towers above other roofing warranties because it’s backed by our 10-Year Care & Maintenance Plan . Click here to learn more.
Do You Have Financing Available?
Yes . Click here to learn more.
What are the Terms of Payment?
50% of the Total Job Cost must be paid at signing of your contract. 50% is due immediately upon completion .
What are the Consequences of Failing to Pay?
If any invoice is not paid when due, interest will be added to and payable on all overdue amounts at 14 percent per year, or the maximum percentage allowed under applicable laws, whichever is less. Customers shall pay all costs of collection, including without limitation, reasonable attorney fees .
Are You Insured?
Yes. Fix My Roof, LLC. maintains general liability, workers compensation and builder’s risk insurance in accordance with the requirements of the state. If you would like to see copies of our Insurance Policies, please ask .
What is your Contractor’s license number?
Fix My Roof LLC holds a General Contractor’s license (GB98) in New Mexico. This license number is 386200. In the state of New Mexico it is unlawful to perform roofing services without a license.