Fix My Roof Annual Roof Care & Maintenance Plan
Since our first day of operation, Fix My Roof’s Care & Maintenance Plan has set us apart from other roofing companies throughout New Mexico. After each annual roof inspection, we meet with our clients to discuss what repairs, if any, are necessary and to provide a copy of the Annual Roof Inspection Report for their records. The checklist used by our roof technicians includes the following steps:
- Examine the protective roof coating for any cracked, flaking, or blistered areas that must be repaired and/or recoated.
- Check the building envelope for indications of shifting. Structural movement can lead to cracks, which can result in the separation of the roofing system.
- Examine all rooftop equipment and penetrations. Make certain all equipment is properly attached or anchored so it does not move excessively. Excessive movement of rooftop equipment could cause leakage of oils, gas, acids, solvents, etc., which in turn could damage the roofing system.
- Remove debris such as leaves, branches, dirt, algae, stones, etc. that have accumulated on the roof.
- Clean all gutters, scuppers, downspouts, drains, and surrounding areas. Make certain the flow of water is not restricted and the roof has positive drainage.
- Examine metal flashing for rusting and attachment.
- Examine all adjoining roof areas or areas abutting the roof area. Damaged metal flashing, damaged masonry, loose caulking, bad mortar joints, and loose stone or tile coping caps may lead to damage to the roofing system.
- Examine the edge of the roof. This area of the roof is the first line of defense for the roof system in high winds.